About This Book
- Leverage the newest tools available in PHP 7 to build scalable applications
- Embrace serverless architecture and the reactive programming paradigm, which are the latest additions to the PHP ecosystem
- Explore dependency injection and implement design patterns to write elegant code
Who This Book Is For
This book is for intermediate level developers who want to become a master of PHP. Basic knowledge of PHP is required across areas such as basic syntax, types, variables, constants, expressions, operators, control structures, and functions.
What You Will Learn
- Grasp the current state of PHP language and the PHP standards
- Effectively implement logging and error handling during development
- Build services through SOAP and REST and Apache Trift
- Get to know the benefits of serverless architecture
- Understand the basic principles of reactive programming to write asynchronous code
- Practically implement several important design patterns
- Write efficient code by executing dependency injection
- See the working of all magic methods
- Handle the command-line area tools and processes
- Control the development process with proper debugging and profiling
PHP is a server-side scripting language that is widely used for web development. With this book, you will get a deep understanding of the advanced programming concepts in PHP and how to apply it practically
The book starts by unveiling the new features of PHP 7 and walks you through several important standards set by PHP Framework Interop Group (PHP-FIG). You’ll see, in detail, the working of all magic methods, and the importance of effective PHP OOP concepts, which will enable you to write effective PHP code. You will find out how to implement design patterns and resolve dependencies to make your code base more elegant and readable. You will also build web services alongside microservices architecture, interact with databases, and work around third-party packages to enrich applications. This book delves into the details of PHP performance optimization. You will learn about serverless architecture and the reactive programming paradigm that found its way in the PHP ecosystem. The book also explores the best ways of testing your code, debugging, tracing, profiling, and deploying your PHP application.
By the end of the book, you will be able to create readable, reliable, and robust applications in PHP to meet modern day requirements in the software industry.
Style and approach
This is a comprehensive, step-by-step practical guide to developing scalable applications using PHP 7.1